Celebrate Canada’s 146th birthday with a bang at Harbourfront Centre! All weekend long, Harbourfront Centre presents fun outdoor concerts on the WestJet Stage, Redpath Stage and Canada Stage, high-energy dance events, Canadian-themed food, the official opening of the new Canada Square and of course, FIREWORKS!
Canada Eve Fireworks, presented by OLG, takes place on Sunday, June 30 at approximately 10:30 p.m. The best view is from Harbourfront Centre’s boardwalk, Toronto Island or on the water. The spectacular, two-barge fireworks display will be the highlight of Harbourfront Centre’s Canada Day Weekend Celebrations in addition to live performances.
Festival highlights include:
• The official opening of Canada Square with special performances on the Canada Stage
• A Celebration of Canadian women in Music at a Harbourfront Centre commissioned concert featuring Kiran Ahluwalia, Tanya Tagaq, Jane Bunnett and special guests!
• More music performances from Jully Black, Elliott BROOD, Vieux Farka Touré, Alex Cuba, New Country Rehab, Keys N Krates and more
• Non-stop dance programming including a Guinness World Record “Dance Freeze” attempt, an Urban an All-Styles Dance Battle with a $1000 cash prize, and the Spectrum dance series that explores global dance trends
• A delicious nod to a Canadian staple at BACONATION with Barque Smokehouse
• Fun crafts and games the whole family can enjoy